Imperial Fists Showcase


Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 4 in /home/ofdicean/public_html/wp-content/plugins/lightbox-plus/classes/shd.class.php on line 1384

Warning: preg_match_all(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 4 in /home/ofdicean/public_html/wp-content/plugins/lightbox-plus/classes/shd.class.php on line 700

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/ofdicean/public_html/wp-content/plugins/lightbox-plus/classes/shd.class.php on line 707

Warning: preg_match_all(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 4 in /home/ofdicean/public_html/wp-content/plugins/lightbox-plus/classes/shd.class.php on line 700

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/ofdicean/public_html/wp-content/plugins/lightbox-plus/classes/shd.class.php on line 707

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

There’s a funny story behind this squad actually… You see, I have tritanopia, which you may know as blue-yellow colorblindness. But what that means to me is: I can’t see yellow. So you could imagine that painting up some Imperial Fists would be quite the challenge for me, right? Well let me tell you, it was.

A long long time ago one of the GW players (Ben) at my store asked me to paint his Imperial Fist sergeant, and so I did. Ben went on to tell me “the color is off… it’s too brown…” So off I went to paint it again, and this time “Now it’s too orange… that’s not the right color at all.” So I did it one more time, and “well it’s probably the closest your going to get.” And that was the end of that. I hadn’t tried painting an Imperial Fist or any yellow model for that matter since.

Years pass, and and the manager at my store asks me to paint up a squad of Spaces Marines (the new box) for Free Comic Book Day in May 2015, a week before the day. I took a GW player poll as to what I should paint the squad as, and well… you guessed it. Everyone wanted to see some FISTS! So off I went, to conqueror the yellow! Construction took all of 2 hours, and then I primed them black. Yes you read that right, black. After that, it was coat, after coat, after coat of variations of yellows (at least that’s what the paint vials said). I painted this squad in a total of 16-18 hours after priming them, and I think they turned out just fine.

My two favorite parts about these models are the glow effects on the guns, and the VII printed on the knee pads. I hope you all think they look awesome, cause I’m not doing it again.